Retirement Plan Services
Qualified Retirement Plans have become a significant employee benefit program offered by employers over the years. These plans often offer both the owner and the employee the opportunity to save for the employees retirement. Many employees would not be able to save for their own retirement without the option of an employer based retirement plan.
Qualified plans have also become much more complex since the implementation of ERISA in 1974. Various technical rules apply, and it is important that employers understand both the complexity of these plans and the need to adequately design and administer a plan that fits their needs, and the needs of their employees. KSPH offers consulting services as well as administrative services for all types of qualified plans. We work with financial advisors in designing, implementing and administering these plans. To do this we go through the following steps:
DISCOVERYPlan Design & Review
Our services are customized to the needs of individual businesses. In the plan design process, we offer the following:
- Evaluate your objectives and prepare a best-fit analysis of different plan types including profit sharing, 401(k), cross tested, and pension plans
- Evaluate nondiscrimination testing
- Select appropriate plan or plans and determine specifications
- Assist with employee education and enrollment and recommend methods to improve employee participation
DEVELOPMENTRetirement Plan Vendor / Investment Selection Services
We differentiate ourselves by providing value-added services at no additional cost.
- Assist financial advisor in vendor study/analysis
- Fiduciary risk assessment
- On-site employee enrollment and educational meetings designed to increase participation
We offer the following services in plan administration:
- Determine eligibility for participation and calculate contributions, benefits and earnings
- Perform various nondiscrimination tests as required by governmental agencies
- Prepare all IRS, Department of Labor and other governmental agencies' reports required by law
- Prepare periodic reports for management summarizing individual and aggregate plan records, account allocations, investment results, and participant certificates
- Assist with participant distributions
SUPPORTFiduciary Issues and Investment Liability
- Fiduciaries may be held personally liable for a breach or violation of ERISA standards. This liability may include restoring lost profits or opportunities resulting from poor plan performance.
- Many fiduciaries assume that their retirement plan provider will take care of all ERISA requirements, but this is usually not the case. While your provider will offer you a menu of investment options, it is up to you to select and monitor the choices available to participants (hence the liability).
- We pay attention to fiduciary duties and will help you and your financial advisor meet ERISA standards and fulfill your duty to monitor the plan, including performing an annual review.
The Benefit to You and Your Employees
By utilizing industry “best practices,” we believe the result is less risk to your employees (with the goal of larger account balances at retirement) and less personal liability and fiduciary risk for you as the employer.
Dedicated to creating affordable, professional solutions for managing employee benefits and human resources needs
- COLA 2011
- Fall 2010 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- Summer 2010 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- COLA 2010
- COLA 2009
- Winter Forum Newsletter 2010
- Summer 2011 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- Spring 2011 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- Fall 2011 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- COLA 2012
- Spring 2012 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- Summer 2012 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- ESOP Services
- Spring 2013 Retirement Plan Newsletter
- Fall 2013 Retirement Plan Newsletter